Hey guys, so as you saw on my Twitter page, I’ve decided to start posting about food too!
I recently posted that I love my homemade spaghetti bolognese sauce and decided this would be the first recipe I share with you! Unfortunately I don’t have my own picture as I thought of the idea whilst eating it! (Hence the picture from Google!)
- 1tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 medium, finely chopped onions (pre-chopped is fine!)
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 500g minced beef
- 800g tinned plum tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1tsp chopped chilli flakes (optional)
- 125ml red wine
- 6 cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 400g spaghetti/pasta
- Small packet of basil (finely chopped)
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat and add 1tbsp of olive oil and add the onion & garlic. Stir until soft. Increase the heat & add the mince – cook until brown (not too brown where it burns!)
- Add the tinned tomatoes along with the tomato purée, chopped basil, stock cube, wine, chilli flakes and cheryl tomatoes. Stir all of this with a spoon, breaking up the plum tomatoes. Allow this to boil and then reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid. Cook all of this for an hour and fifteen minutes, occasionally giving it a stir until you have a lovely thick sauce. Check the seasoning (add more if you feel like it!)
- When you’ve finally cooked the sauce, cook your chosen spaghetti or pasta and follow the instructions on the packaging (I’ve not made my own spaghetti before, so I can’t help with this!). Drain the spaghetti and stir it into the bolognese sauce and you’re done! If you like cheese, sprinkle some Parmesan on top, get some crusty bread, a glass of red wine and enjoy!
I hope you all enjoy eating this as much as I do – it’s one of my favourites! Let me know what you think, either comment below or tweet me (my links are at the top of the page!). Also let me know if you want more posts like this.
All the best. x